I needed a tool that autoscans my flash drive for virus infections whenever it is plugged into ANY PC. The idea is also for the scan to use a protable antvirus app located on my flash to complete the scan.
The main reason for me to have this is due to the environment im in and that i have to constantly use my flash in various computers of which i dont know the security levels of.
P.s. You can procure a U3 device to do the same for you, but this will cost money. The files and process i have setup can be used on ANY flash drive.
Ive succeeded in setting up the solution i needed and have compiled the files for anyone to download and use.
The program/solution will do the following for you;
-Put ClamWin portable antivirus on your Flash.
*Includes a scanner, which is what will be set to autorun and scan the flash drive everytime it is plugged into any PC.
*Includes a GUI(Graphical User Interface) for antivirus definition file updates as well as a full antivirus scan and removal tool.
-Includes a tool that will help in recovering your flash IF it is misplaced.
Download the files from http://www.mediafire.com/?j3s0zyacmgs
1. Format your flash drive. Right click and select 'Format' and select 'Start'
*NB You will loose all information on the flash if you do this, so first copy the contents of your drive to a location on your Pc, then continue.
2. Once formatted extract the file flashviruscan.zip to the root of your flash drive
*You should have three files on your flash now, autorun.inf and clamwinportable folder and scan.bat
3. Remove the drive and plug it back into your PC.
4. Select Ok on autorun screen, and your device will be scanned for virusses.
5. Right click on your flash device to 'Scan flash for virusses' or see the 'I belong to' message
*You can change this message by simply changing the text in the readme.txt file found in :\clamwinportable\ folder
6. Going to :\clamwinportable\clamwinportable.exe will allow you to scan and remove virusses on not just the flash but the entire PC
7. Also use this interface [:\clamwinportable\clamwinportable.exe] to update your virus definition files regularly.
8.Logs for the completed scans can be found in :\clamwinportable\scanlogs
9. NB Simply double click on the Flash drive in Windows file explorer whenever you want it to be scanned for virusses!
I have gone through some trouble getting the above to work, but if you play around with it you will see that you can use the platform i put in place for a lot more functionality.
Turkish capital bans all public LGBTQ events
3 minutes ago